View Single Post
Old 03-28-2012, 01:11 PM   #6
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Hi,

All Topaz .azw files have DRM. You will have to access one of those yourself. Perhaps there is a sample you could download from the Amazon site.

As for the KF8 mobis, they are easy to generate. Simply use Amazon's latest Kindlegen (v2) (available as a free donwload for Windows and Mac) and pass it any epub and it will convert it to a KF8 ebook which will have two mobi headers in the same .mobi file. This is the new format for all mobis so that they can be read on all devices (the old mobi header and its data is used by older Kindles whereas the new mobi header is detected by newer Kindles Fire, Kindle for PC, Kindle for Mac and it will show advanced formatting (fonts, true css, etc).

KevinH

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattst View Post
Many thanks KevinH - once again a very helpful and informative response. I really appreciate the time you've taken to explain all this to me.

I am unable to find any KF8 or Topaz mobi example files or the web in order to use for tests. Would you (or anyone else here) happen to have an example file of each which you could upload for me?

Thanks again,

mattst
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote