View Single Post
Old 09-15-2010, 07:44 PM   #11
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
that was so brilliant I almost gagged on my tongue

I couldn't read the drivel but can almost safely say if PETA is endorsing it I'm a'gin it!
The drivel is some very painfully done cricket puns (and not painful in the way a good pun can be, but painful of the mind boggingly awful variety.

The general message is a good one (neuter your pets), spoiled by some very dodgy statistics:

Quote:
"Spaying just one female dog can prevent the births of 67,000 dogs in six years, and spaying one female cat can prevent 420,000 cats from being born in seven years.'
Which works out about right for dogs IF all of the following is true:
About a month between each pregnancy
An average of 3 female pups survive in each litter
None of the female offspring are neutered
None of the male dogs sire offspring (or only sire the offspring of their littermates)

I did start to model the numbers for cats based on average litter size and the number of cats who frequent our garden, assuming that we still had ours, and that none of the cats were neutered. I then decided I had better things to do
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote