View Single Post
Old 02-19-2012, 01:26 PM   #4
dwig
Wizard
dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Current:Surface Go & Kindle 3 - Retired: DellV8p, Clie UX50, ...
Quote:
I now realise how limited ebook readers are for anything too much more than basic text and inline small pictures
Actually, you can get decent images in ebooks, though the images need to be appropriate for the resolution available.

I've attached a MOBI demo with a map I had around as part of a possible project for an illustrated ebook. I've also attached the ePUB from which it was generated. (Please forgive the imprecise splitting of the map, this is just a quick test)

I've done a few illustrated ebooks that work well in MOBI format. You might check out "The Agony Column" by Earl Derr Biggers and Jerome K Jerome's "Three Men in a Boat" that I have post on this site: http://lp.happythursday.com
Attached Files
File Type: epub map test.epub (109.7 KB, 178 views)
File Type: mobi map test - dwig.mobi (599.8 KB, 185 views)
dwig is offline   Reply With Quote