View Single Post
Old 11-04-2009, 04:00 PM   #9
pagansoul
Fanatic
pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone5, iPad Gen3, Kobo, Kindle Fire, Kobo Vox. Samsung Galaxy Tab 7
What they do not take into account is all those older books, the ones I buy at flea markets and Goodwill stores, the ones that the authors/publishers have already made their money off. I now have a digital collection of books I would never had purchased, they would take up too much space. The books I got from the public library or from friends and family I now have in ebook form. It's just like my DVD collection, because it's cheap I have more movies than I would have ever thought possible. Yes, I had a few VHS but I have thousands of DVDs. Yes I have a few hundred paperbacks but I have thousands of ebooks. Another example would be I used to get National Geographic, my collection was large, 20 years worth, till I knew I was going to move and didn't want to carry them with me. The same issue with my record collection...I sold or gave everything away. I switched to CDs and never looked back. I currently have the entire 100+ years of National Geographic on 6 DVDs and not hundreds of magazines. I have 5 years worth of Macworld, Elle, Country Home and a few others in digital form. Now even those CDs that took over my record collection back in 1987 are all digital on my MacPro, I'm talking thousands of CDs.

I'm not a kid, I remember when a TV was a piece of furniture that the entire family sat in front of the watch 'Wonderful World of Color' every Sunday night. I can see that people are fighting not to go digital but I also see kids are already there. They don't remember keeping quarters in their pockets to use the payphone when they are away from home. They have no problem downloading movies or music or sending email. Some have never done a letter using snail-mail. These days, change comes real fast.
pagansoul is offline   Reply With Quote