View Single Post
Old 11-12-2008, 03:16 PM   #9
rebarnmom
Wizard
rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-700 (traded in), Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katelyn View Post
I've read over and over about the less than perfect contrast offered on the 700.

I've been using my 505 for months with the wedge light cover. I like to fold the cover back when I read so I always read through the wedge light, day or night. Is the lack of contrast comparable? I would suspect those of us who read through the plastic of the wedge light already know what to expect from the 700. Am I right?

Katelyn
Although I don't have that experience, I think that is a good point. I got to compare the PRS-700 side by side with the PRS-505 with the light wedge illuminated, but I didn't try comparing the text of the PRS-505 through the light wedge, without it turned on. As I don't own either yet, I think that I can say fairly confidently that the PRS-700 still has more features and potential, despite the disappointment in the screen contrast, to push me more in that direction. Thanks for that observation. A comparison pic of that would be interesting to see as well!
rebarnmom is offline   Reply With Quote