View Single Post
Old 09-08-2012, 11:50 PM   #69
Hellmark
Wizard
Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nokia N800, PRS-505, Nook STR Glowlight, Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
I would have posted this different IF I was looking for advice! But I wrote it as a Warning to others thinking about Buy Used eReaders! TRUST to me is 75% of a sale I thought I could Trust the person I got it from. After 3 weeks of trying to get thru to SONY Well there goes that Trust! Internet friends fron another forum got me the direction to the Hard Rest But I still couldnt do it & of course we didnt know what I was doing wrong since We were not inperson! UGH SOOO after 3 weeks of a Brick I felt a warning was wise for others! Reader works BUT IF the seller Refuses to remove their information from their account & You Cant do a Hard rest then your screwed!
3 weeks 6 CALLS to Sony 10 emails to the person I purchsed it from! 3 internet friends Trying to help! I just didnt Want Anyone else being taken advatage of!!! THEN the PTB on here Moved my post! And Now you folks seem to think Tearing my typing Spellind Whatever apart.... IF as I said READ the beginning You should have Seen this was Move Thus Changing the Warning into a Decussion! So Have Fun Cause I guessing you have nothing better to do!
BTW I Dont want to lean Typing & Spelling here IF I want ed that I go back to School .... O That wont work cause Rehab says since it wont get me a job thye wont teack me typing with my 1 good hand! So I still 1 finger peck....
Again, I think the largest part is attitude, or at least perceived attitude. I can understand being frustrated. If you're not familiar with how to reset, not aware it is an option, or it is difficult due to some limitation, that can definitely be cause for frustration. I have damage to my right arm, and for a year I had no feeling or use of my arm from below the elbow. It seems that often reset operations are designed to be two handed, so it isn't accidentally done. Yeah, when your right hand is totally dead at your side, that isn't happening. Still, when prompted with a situation like that, where you didn't know how to reset at first, and then had an issue physically doing it, that's where groups like this come in. Any (legal) questions or discussion related to ebooks or ebook readers are allowed and welcomed here.

In regards to the moving the post, well, the flea market section is strictly for posting things to sell, or buying things. The mods will move things if it is off topic. When things get disorganized in a forum, things can go to hell in a hurry.

As far as the spelling and typo issue, we (the MobileRead users) are not asking you to be perfect. We will try to be patient to better understand what you mean to get across. For the most part you write perfectly legible English, it just has a few quirks to it. If there is a time where there is a misunderstanding, please also show patience with us. We aren't wanting to fight, and it is in everyone's best interest to that all parties are able to understand what each of them are trying to get across.
Hellmark is offline   Reply With Quote