Thread: Start Location
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2012, 01:14 PM   #9
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by djulian View Post
I was able to do those things, but for some reason none of the covers are sticking. For a time, I had a cover that stuck, but nothing else (TOC, start) was working. I just can't seem to get all three elements working at the same time.
This might be a Calibre issue, but it's more likely that the guide section is missing entries. BTW, I forgot to mention that Calibre doesn't support the "text" attribute. I.e., you'll have to use the "start" attribute in the guide section:

Code:
<reference href="Text/Chapter1.xhtml" title="Chapter 1" type="start" />
Also right-click in Sigil title page, toc and cover and make sure that each of the pages has the proper semantics attribute.

And finally double-click the .opf file in Sigil and have a look at the actual guide section to make sure that all guide items are present, have the correct attributes and point to the correct pages.

Also try opening the ePub with Kindle Previewer to exclude Calibre issues. (Kindle Previewer will automatically generate a .mobi file.)

If it still doesn't work, copy your complete guide section and post it here.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote