View Single Post
Old 07-04-2010, 12:01 PM   #69
mreclass
Enthusiast
mreclass began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackNF View Post
Well, I was looking forward to this firmware update but from what I've read in this thread I'm just not touching it.

I'm NOT giving up having my cover art on screen when I power down. That is a showstopper for me, that is a feature that when I heard about is what swayed me to choose the Kobo over the other options available to me and if they ever expect me to update the firmware on this unit they're just gonna have to put that back in. Period.
Ditto. I'm all about updates to improve my gadgets but this one just doesn't seem like it is really necessary or worth it.

Besides, I'm not really bothered by the whole shutdown/boot-up time matter. It takes my Kobo all of 26 seconds to get onto the "I'm Reading" page from its powered off state with the beautiful cover art. I'm sure that, to some, that is just SO long to wait but during that I'm usually still making myself comfortable in my chair or positioning myself next to my son while feeding him.

Of course, if a later update allowed the option to keep the cover art and added an improvement in start up time...well then I'd take it.
mreclass is offline   Reply With Quote