View Single Post
Old 12-15-2006, 05:05 AM   #7
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood
I thought the screen shots in the photos were doctored. The eink looks better in real life than it does in the photos. Yes it is very dark gray on very light gray rather than true black and white, but it is so easy to read.
I'd quality that and say "in good light".

In daylight, and in good artificial light, the Reader screen is just astonishingly good - like reading on paper. In poor light, however, the contrast is poor and it can be difficult to read. (One of the first things I did, after buying my Reader, was to go out and buy a couple of good reading lamps!)

If you're reading in decent light, don't hesitate - get an eInk reader. If, however, you like to read in bed, in the dark, you'd be better off with an LCD screen.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote