View Single Post
Old 06-08-2014, 04:51 AM   #4
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by corroonb View Post
I wonder has anyone bought this complete collection of all Hemingway's work. It should be available in the US. It's £99.99 on Amazon UK and €168 on Kobo. It is eligible for coupons so 75% off would be a very reasonable €42.

Is it worth buying? I'm not really familiar with Hemingway's work beyond the major novels which I haven't read yet. I have read some of his prose and I do like his style. I might buy the novels individually. I really like the new covers from Simon & Schuster.
I've only read A Farewell to Arms, and A Moveable Feast, but my golly they were good. I'd think that the Kobo editions with a 75% off coupon (or the odd 90% coupon) would be well worth it. (In fact I'm going to look into this myself now that you've mentioned it.

PS have you looked at India's prices? They may be even better value.
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote