View Single Post
Old 06-10-2015, 10:20 PM   #5
unboggling
Wizard
unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, Kindle Paperwhite 10
I use parentheses appended to title, as in:
Learning Python (4th ed)

When appended to title after the initial Add of the book, parentheses persist in title_sort, and title in the booklist is sorted per entire title_sort including parentheses and their content. I use the tweak: title_series_sorting = 'strictly_alphabetic'.

When Adding books per the regular expression I use, any parentheses and their content are stripped out. That is per regular expression, and (I assume) not any explicit calibre behavior outside the regular expression. The regular expression I use for Adding books is from the Quick Preferences plugin:

Code:
^(?P<author>((?!\s-\s).)+)\s-\s(?:(?:\[\s*)?(?P<series>.+)\s(?P<series_index>[\d\.]+)(?:\s*\])?\s-\s)?(?P<title>[^(]+)(?:\(.*\))?

Last edited by unboggling; 06-10-2015 at 10:35 PM.
unboggling is offline   Reply With Quote