View Single Post
Old 01-20-2010, 03:14 PM   #50
Kolenka
<Insert Wit Here>
Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave W View Post
I guess I missed that spec on the web page. However, it's still a little foggy on exactly what Sony means by "up to 2 weeks" on one charge. The footnote explains the 7500 page turns, but the way the feature is worded it implies that I can take up to 2 weeks to compete the 7500 page turns. I don't get anywhere near that. It does say "continuous page turns," but then what does the 2 weeks mean? I'd accept the claim if they said that the batter would last 2 weeks in the "hold" mode.

Dave W
It means the device can last up to 2 weeks. The 505 had this same claim, and it'd easily last 2 weeks on a charge with regular reading. Even the 900's claim of 2.5 weeks is pretty close. I gave up trying to kill the battery after two weeks with the wireless off under heavy reading while on Christmas break. It was something on the order of over a half-dozen books during the 2 weeks, 2-3 periodicals a day, and the thing still didn't die before 2 weeks. And I was annotating the heck out of one of them for proof-reading.
Kolenka is offline   Reply With Quote