View Single Post
Old 09-10-2013, 10:52 PM   #169
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
I'm thinking about acquiring a raspberry pi mini computer, and dedicating it to become a Calibre server. As most ereaders have a browser, it'd be as good as any cloud and much more versatile with regard to sorting and searching.

I basically have wifi everywhere I go, and if I don't, I'll activate my phone's wifi hotspot so the Kindle can connect through that and use the phone's 3G connection.

I could then acquire every book I have, almost as fast as buying it in the online store.

Maybe I can also use my old but already running Atom computer, that I use to play my FLAC music through XBMC. That would draw much more power, however.

Last edited by Katsunami; 09-10-2013 at 10:58 PM.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote