View Single Post
Old 09-10-2013, 08:08 PM   #167
mobilis
drowned in old books
mobilis is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Question

I like to keep most of mine with me, just in case I have to know- when on out and about- what the name of a minor character in Charles Dickens was or which chapter this-and-that happens in Tale of Genji.

It's nice to be able to search for, say, "Akashi" or "Scrooge" and have EVERY reference to the character pop up: not only in the work itself, but also in every analysis and essay devoted to the book, as well as other works maki reference to it.

(I know, I have no life!)

It also makes me feel a bit more secure to have most or ALL of my books with me, so that if a metor hits the house or I get trapped on a desert island, I would still have all of my books to read. Not that reading should really be a priority in those eventualities.

I like having all my books with me- especially the reference books and classic novels. :x And I feel like the storage space and database/indexing capability of the Kindle is being WAAASTED if I don't have almost everything on it. (I take it too far, TBH: in my dragging EVERYTHING onto it, I think I ended up with 2 or 3 versions of some of the older books... So sorting the read/unread categories is abit of a drudge.)

It makes the device run more slowly, so perhaps I haven't acted prudently...
mobilis is offline   Reply With Quote