View Single Post
Old 08-22-2008, 11:28 AM   #18
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ret View Post
I don't know anything about Allegro HTTP client.
Yes, for Librarian I meant the proxy server + local HTTP server.

If you already served static HTML files to the reader and it rendered it ok, then you've done all I did before. If a link in that file pointing to google doesn't work from your reader, I'd say it has something to do with your proxy settings or Linux box (I've worked on XP) or some kind of network related issue (DNS, URL redirection, etc). Try using direct links with full IP addresses (that don't require DNS requests).
I'm using a WinXP computer to communicate with the reader. I'm behind a router and working in local IP space (198.168.X.X). The Linreb program seems to work well and v0.2 has a windows executable that you can run in WinXP (check out v0.2).

I think there could be one or more of the following working against me getting this to work:
- ETI may have 'fixed/blocked' that ability to surf the net from 2005 to now with recent firmware updates
- your java code actually 'processed' the requests by manipulating the info sent whereas the Linreb program merely responds with the requested data. No .asp code is being executed by Linreb when the HTTP requests come in from the reader.
- the ability to 'surf the net' is there and I'm too 'blind' to see it.

I will continue experimenting with the Linreb code...
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote