View Single Post
Old 06-03-2011, 07:20 AM   #1
DMB
Old Git
DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Two kindle PWs wifi, kindle fire, iPad3 wifi
How did you choose your reader?

And do you now think you made the right choice?

I decided in 2009 that I would like and ereader but I didn't know much about them. I looked at a lot of reviews, manly for Sonys and Kindles. They both seemed to have some qualities I was looking for and lack others. I also hadn't immediately realised that there were competing ebook formats.

I was still wondering when the iPad was launched. It was touted as (among other things) an ebook reader and I briefly wondered whether it might be worthwhile to replace a laptop with an iPad and use it as a reader. The colour was obviously an advantage for magazines and videos. But then I found out how heavy it was. When Amazon launched the K3, I quickly concluded that its lightness was a big plus as well as the pearl screen e-ink technology. Since I was already buying most of my dt books from Amazon, I didn't have a problem with being tied to the mobi format.

So I got my K3 and am still very happy with it. It's not perfect, but it met my needs and was cheaper than I had at first expected when I began my search.
DMB is offline   Reply With Quote