View Single Post
Old 08-24-2013, 05:47 PM   #828
hfpop
Addict
hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.

Device: N/A
Follow up from #826

I did four experiments:

1. DejaVu Sans Condensed original is displayed correctly (wrong name);
2. DejaVu Sans Condensed renamed as above is displayed correctly (correct name);
3. DejaVu Sans Condensed weight increased as above is displayed in italics (ignores the regular);
4. DejaVu Sans Condensed weight increased and renamed as above is displayed in italics (ignores the regular).

My conclusion is that by increasing the weight the regular font is no longer recognized as regular and as such is ignored by Kindle. This is strange, as it happens only with DejaVu Sans Condensed, and not any other font from this family, and only if it is not alone (i.e. other styles are present).

This implies that other metadata may need to adjust in order for the regular font be accepted. Which one? As well, is there any other conclusion to infer? Consequently, another course of action?

Later edit: modifying the description field width to appear as Medium, and not Semi-condensed is not a solution. The regular font is still ignored.

Last edited by hfpop; 08-24-2013 at 06:07 PM.
hfpop is offline   Reply With Quote