View Single Post
Old 07-09-2009, 04:21 PM   #18
bwaldron
Wizard
bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles: Paperwhite Signature Ed., Oasis 2, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
I think password protecting the directory defeats what poohbear_nc is trying to do, not have to log in to download (a la MobileRead).
OK. I thought the issue was inability to login, not just desire to avoid. Apologies for my misinterpreting.

Quote:
If the books are Kindle books, they are still encrypted for use with specific Kindles, so wouldn't that be okay?
Sometimes I forget that not everyone strips the DRM from their books for personal use.

Yes, it would keep others from reading them, but personally I wouldn't want even the file names to be available via search engines. Perhaps overly paranoid on my part.

Anyway, as Emily Littella would say, "never mind."
bwaldron is offline   Reply With Quote