Thread: Troubleshooting Fried K3
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2013, 06:48 PM   #8
SampleAndy
Addict
SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, KFire HD, KFire, KTD 3g, KT, K4B, K4S, K3g, K3g SO, K2, K1
Talking Doom, despair and agony on me

Thanks, guy! You're the best!

Unfortunately, I was too impatient, so I cheated. I just left it connected and moved it around vewwy vewwy cawefully. (chrome thinks I spelled vewwy correctly, but it doesn't like cawefully... go figure)

Put all the pieces from the eBay K3g into the baked K3g screen (using only the front frame and the screen) and put it all together. Screen lights up, battery charges, all keys work, I was able to register it via wi-fi (once I remembered my password) and by disconnecting the wi-fi, was able to download a book sample via 3G! Everything looks great!

Except the pictures of birds and dead people... They look like crap. Come to think of it, the fonts aren't all that great, either. So...

Is this a case where the screen doesn't match the hardware? I seem to remember reading something about... eInk waveform eproms? Is that it or is it more likely that the screen was damaged by heat? I think it was one of your posts knc1 that mentioned there were three different screens used in the K3 series?

I knew things were going too smoothly.

Last edited by SampleAndy; 08-01-2013 at 07:06 PM.
SampleAndy is offline   Reply With Quote