View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 05:47 AM   #768
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
Well it's not like I'm starving myself, just keeping to a maximum of 600 calories on the fasting day. Sounds like you're not far off that yourself on some days?
Ah.... I misunderstood. I thought it was a complete fast. Yes, since August I've been shooting for between 600-900 calories a day, towards the lower end if I can arrange it, but not going over the higher end.

Quote:
But it is still difficult occasionally, and I find I get colder on the fasting days, and definitely more irritable.
Parts of me are MUCH colder. I've taken to wearing fingerless gloves in the house, and often need a thin watch cap at night. Of course, Japanese houses don't have central heating, and we keep the bedrooms closed off from the heated areas so it get's pretty chilly at night. But during the days outside, I don't notice it as much. Living in Vermont for so long, I just naturally dress for 'cold' to stay warm. Even riding today... 4°-6° on the thermometer so with wind chill factor at 80kph well down in the minus numbers, I was comfortable. The guys I was riding with decided to make the ride shorter than we first planned though... one of them was really in pain. Fortunately, they sell the disposable handwarmers in all the convenience stores, and they are as cheap as dirt here. My friends damn near covered themselves with them. They sell the sort that have a sticky side to them, and the guy who had the big problem put 6 of them on his back under his jacket, one inside each glove, and one inside each boot. The other guys only put them in their gloves and boots, and one guy added one over each kidney.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote