View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013, 06:51 AM   #45
applesauce
Addict
applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle oasis
my 0 of 2012 where the Shades of Grey books. I rate them rather have poked my eyes out with burning coals.
I MUST break my once started must finish mentality.

applesauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
I think I'm going to change my rating system this year. I've been using an "out of 10" rating system, but I find that it's too fine grained. So I'm going to switch to an 'out of five' system, with a couple of extras.

0: Stinker! I probably abandoned this one. I doubt that anyone would like it.

1: Bad. I wish I hadn't bought this one, but it's possible others might like it
2: Poor. Readable, but I won't be looking out for more by this author.
3: Average. An OK read, but it didn't really grab me.
4: Good. An enjoyable read. I'll probably buy more by this author
5: Excellent. This author's other works are on my wishlist now.

5*: Wow! How could I have missed this before now.?

I expect most of my ratings to be 3 or 4. Hopefully not more than 1 or 2 zero ratings a year. And if I award a 5* rating, it'll be a good year. I don't think I would have awarded a 5* rating in 2012 or 2011. Heaven by Ian Stewart and Jack Cohen in 2010 would have been a 5*.
applesauce is offline   Reply With Quote