View Single Post
Old 08-05-2012, 11:08 AM   #1
Oldpilot
Groupie
Oldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with others

Device: Kindle
downside of using a single "chapter"?

I am accustomed to uploading a single html file (zipped with images where necessary) for publishing on Amazon's Kindle platform. When I converted the html to epub (using Sigil, of course!) for Barnes & Noble, I dutifully hacked it into chapters, breaking the file into as many segments as there were chapters, plus the title page etc etc.

Today, as an experiment, I uploaded an epub file for Kindle conversion that was a single block. It converted perfectly. (I can tell no difference between the epub conversion and the html file I uploaded a few hours earlier, when each is viewed on the Kindle Previewer software.)

I understand that there are some e-book readers that choke on large files. What readers are those, and how large a file? This one for example is 137KB. (The html file shows as 415KB.) Surely that's not a problem anywhere?

(It would really save me time and effort only to have the one version of the book!)

Thanks!
Oldpilot is offline   Reply With Quote