Thread: impfind
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2008, 01:34 PM   #6
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by derrell View Post
In windows it seems to work alright as well although I didn't do any extensive testing there. You will need to have perl installed and ActiveState perl has the Tk libraries so the script should work fine.

The perl code for now is really ugly and most likely full of bugs. Before I release any other versions I plan on cleaning it up before it gets any longer.
I tried this in windows and it works ok, except for a minor glitch using the GUI help menu. I got the following error (and no help showed up ):
Code:
E:\ebooks\Impfind\impfind-0.3>impfindGUI.pl
Searching through sub directories.
Tk::Error: bad option "-font": must be -default, -icon, -message, -parent, -title, or -type at C:/Perl/lib/Tk.pm line 320.
 Tk callback for tk_messageBox
 (menu invoke)
I have this version of perl installed on my WinXP computer:
Code:
This is perl, v5.8.8 built for MSWin32-x86-multi-thread
(with 50 registered patches, see perl -V for more detail)

Copyright 1987-2006, Larry Wall

Binary build 820 [274739] provided by ActiveState http://www.ActiveState.com
Built Jan 23 2007 15:57:46
with this Tk package already installed:
Code:
Tk - a Graphical User Interface Toolkit
	Version:	804.027-r6
	Released:	2006-07-31
	Author:	Nick Ing-Simmons <nick@ing-simmons.net>
	CPAN:	http://search.cpan.org/dist/Tk-804.027/
One suggestion for your next release, allow at least one field to be (quick) sorted; with the user selecting which one.

Oh, in the GUI, usually clicking the 'column head' allows that column to be sort ascending; another click sort descending. Could that be easily implemented using Tk?

Great job. I posted Imp Librarian for windows a while back; you may want to look at it's features for your next release (or two )!
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote