View Single Post
Old 05-08-2013, 11:11 PM   #12
nmss
nmss can differentiate black from dark navy bluenmss can differentiate black from dark navy bluenmss can differentiate black from dark navy bluenmss can differentiate black from dark navy bluenmss can differentiate black from dark navy bluenmss can differentiate black from dark navy bluenmss can differentiate black from dark navy bluenmss can differentiate black from dark navy bluenmss can differentiate black from dark navy bluenmss can differentiate black from dark navy bluenmss can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Kobo Arc, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobo-Robin View Post
Hey people,

I know there has been a few people that prefer the old ICS layout, so much so that they have asked for a downgrade.

I tried to find a solution to the issue while keeping jelly bean but it would take too many resources to make it a reality. What I did manage to do was to get permission to post the final ICS image.

Note:

YOU WILL HAVE TO FACTORY RESET YOUR DEVICE.

This means that you will lose everything and will have to re-set up your device.

KOBO is not responsible for anything that goes wrong.

I have personally tested this action myself 5 times. It worked for me every time.

There is no turning back...for now

Downgrading will leave you on the last ICS build. The Jelly Bean update will not show up to downgraded devices. At least for now.

YOU WILL HAVE TO FACTORY RESET YOUR DEVICE.

Again, I know people will not be happy about this part but it's the best that's going to be available.

Still with me? Here's what you need to do:
  1. Download Update.zip
  2. Connect the Arc to your computer.
  3. Copy Update.zip to root of the Arc
  4. Disconnect the Arc from your computer
  5. Reboot the Arc
  6. Update will apply
  7. Device will reboot – at this point the device will stay at the startup animation. This is the point where a factory reset needs to happen.
  8. Hold power until device powers off.
  9. Hold power and volume up until logo appears and release power but continue to hold volume up until the gears appear and release.
  10. Use volume rocker to highlight “Wipe Data Partition” press power button to select.
  11. Use volume rocker to highlight “Yes – Delete all user data” press power button to select.
  12. Wait until format is complete.
  13. Press power button to select “Reboot system now”
  14. Device will reboot.

Animation will take longer than usual. Be patient.

Enjoy.

Which directory should I save the update.zip file to?

Will this void the warranty?
nmss is offline   Reply With Quote