View Single Post
Old 03-17-2013, 05:37 PM   #2
Kolenka
<Insert Wit Here>
Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by superbet View Post
So... I was seeing the Kindle Papewhite. What about this one?

Is the screen clear enough?

I know it won't take epubs as the Sony. Is it easy to convert epubs to the Kindle format? I use Calibre and I read that you can use it for that.
I switched to a Paperwhite from a recent Sony Reader myself.

The screen is plenty clear. It's about on par with the screen in the Sony 650/T1/T2. And higher resolution. The PRS 700/600 with touch were a bit of an anomaly when it comes to screen clarity.

I use Calibre to convert ePubs to KF8 (which has similar features) and copy them over to the Paperwhite. Works like a charm.

The downside with the paperwhite is that the light isn't as even as they advertised. I think it is more even than the Nook with the built in light, but that is definitely a subjective measure. I like mine quite a bit though.
Kolenka is offline   Reply With Quote