Thread: MobileRead Discussion/Suggestion Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012, 11:06 AM   #230
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazrin View Post
I prefer the idea of an open vote, but I really agree with this part. At the very least, don't show who voted for each item until the end. I think these should be voted on based on the popularity/desire to read the book, not popularity of who has voted on it. We get to see who nominated books and some people will certainly second or third a book based on who nominated it if they have historically had similar tastes, but when it gets to voting I think it should be about the books.
I have a hard time believing that someone would vote or not vote for a book based on who's already voted for it. The complaints about lemming votes seem whiny to me. I like a free-for-all with full information and campaigns. What are people so afraid of?
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote