Thread: No Nook
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2012, 02:50 PM   #2
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilaryfrompa View Post
That's "Nook," not nooky

I took kennyminot's and others' advice while I was away and got to know the PE. Unfortunately, the PE doesn't want to know me

I got Moonreader working just fine--apparently an update occurred while I was in parts unknown. I downloaded Nook. I then downloaded several Nook for Android files, only to have them disappear from the Nook Liberry. The first downloaded Sample remained until I left the site--but disappeared from the library, as did subsequent downloads. Rather than the "downloading" message I got when the first Sample successfully made it to me PE, I got an instantaneous "This book has been stored" message--but the library remained empty.

I be wondering: here be monsters? In other words, is it possible that security interfaces are such that the MAN recognizes that the PE isn't a Nexus, and then, No Nook for You? Or any other app except the MAN ?
First up, what exactly are you trying to do?

If it is reading books available for the nook on your PE then the easiest way to do it is to load Calibre on your PC, download the books to your PC and let Calibre manage them for you, including transferring them to your PE.

Since the nook app for Android requires android 2.1 it should work on the PE without too many problems. I am assuming you have a B&N account and you signed in - if you don't or didn't then, as I understand it, you will only be able to view some of the sample content but not download it.
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote