View Single Post
Old 11-21-2011, 06:16 PM   #91
sun surfer
languorous autodidact ✦
sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: onyx boox poke 2 colour, kindle voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
But you also seconded [i]Lolita} which makes your taste in books highly suspect.
That's rich!

Lolita is only generally considered one of the greatest modern classics there is, but don't let that stop you from being suspicious of the tastes of anyone who might consider it so!

Quote:
This is the problem with the term classic. It just doesn't have a clear definition. I do think Storm Front is a classic. You don't.
And where did I ever mention that in this thread? You are clearly missing the forest for the trees. You are correct that I don't in any way, shape or form consider Storm Front a classic, but that has nothing to do with the objection I brought up against it.

I have decided though, just for you, that I shall nominate Lolita every month from here on out until it wins. I'll be especially pulling for it in particular to win either the science fiction or humour month.
sun surfer is offline   Reply With Quote