View Single Post
Old 03-29-2008, 11:52 PM   #5
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Mini FAQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpresser View Post
I tried to convert some files for my Ebookwise1150. I tried several different "output format" parameters: first IMP1, then IMP2. Both generated GEB1200 format IMPs, according to GEB eBook Librarian, and both were unreadable on my 1150. I tried this both from the GUI and from the commandline, same results.

I had not tried any earlier version of the program before this.

I then generated OEB format, and unpacked it in ETI's eBook Publisher, then generated Grayscale VGA-half .. these files worked fine on my 1150. So I have an "out".

The return of landscape is blessedly welcome....

[EDIT] Never mind, I figured out what I was doing wrong. I need to specify "gray" as the color as well as "IMP2" as the output format. All is well.
The Profile box contains the default settings for each "device". If you select the 'ebw1150' profile, then the Colorspace should default to (16 shades) gray. The 'Out Format' box also impacts the default setting, especially if it overrides the default settings. The ebw1150 (or ETI-2) uses the 'imp2' format. Once these are straightened out, you should be able to generate the .imp to properly view on your EBW1150.

What can go wrong is a 'bug' that has reared its head before, namely the 1150 .imp opens up as a 1200 .imp. The solution, in the past, has been to re-install the eBook Publisher software. That usually cures the problem!

Another problem could be that GEB Librarian can get confused if BOTH the 1150 .imp and 1200 .imp are in the same bookshelf when being uploaded. I think it has to do with the same 'Unique Edition ID' being used for both versions made from the same input. The solution here is to NOT put BOTH in the same bookshelf; use one for your 1150 ebooks and another for the 1200 ebooks.

As for landscape mode, if you want the output to be split over just two page turns, then select 'landscape-half' as your Layout Mode. For everything on one page only, select 'landscape-full'. BTW, the 'landscape' default will split over the maximum number of page turns so that the full width is displayed.

Last edited by nrapallo; 04-04-2008 at 06:40 AM. Reason: Mini FAQ
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote