View Single Post
Old 04-03-2011, 03:59 PM   #4
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
FAQ is available at http://anthologies2011.blogspot.com/...ip-of-day.html

Relevant bits (from my perspective):
Q: ... what rights the author retains.
A:
While the contract I'm creating is still in early development, I'm most likely going to ask authors for exclusivity for 6 months, non-exclusive Electronic and Audio Rights, World English-Language Anthology Rights and First Foreign-Language Rights.

Q: "Is this something you're doing as a physical book, or ebook?"
A:
I'm aiming to release this anthology as print-on-demand through CreateSpace and sell it on Amazon. Next I plan to release the anthology as an ebook through Kindle and other formats.

After the book has been available for a few weeks, I also plan to release it as a free PDF file. The point of this is to generate buzz/readers. So for every person who reads it for free, you hope they bring in two or more potential customers.

Q: Who is financially responsible for the editing, proofreading, etc? Who will be listed as the publisher? (I assume you since you are the one running this?)
A:
The profits will be split by the total number of published stories(less cover artist)/individual author's total number of published stories. The editor will be counted as a published author, sharing in the profits as well. I will be listed as the publisher.

Q: What is the timeframe from submission to selection and then selection to publication?
A:
I will have selected the final stories 6-8 weeks after June 15, 2011. Then I will take 2-4 weeks to compile and edit. One week for a workshop/plan of action meeting. 2-4 weeks to release the POD version. That's aiming for an October 2011 release.