View Single Post
Old 12-12-2012, 05:38 PM   #1
avantman42
Wizard
avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Dune ebooks dropped in price

I'm a big fan of Frank Herbert's Dune books, and when I first got my Kindle, I was disappointed to find out that they weren't available as ebooks. Then they became available, but they cost more than the paperback, and I couldn't bring myself to pay that much for six books that I've already got in paper form.

However, I've just noticed that they've come down in price (£2.99 in the UK, $4.90 in the US). This pleases me, because that's a price I'm willing to pay, but what I find most interesting is that these are agency priced books at a reasonable price. I don't really care whether a book is agency priced or not, as long as it's a price I'm willing to pay, but I think these are the first agency books I've seen that are at a price that I'm willing to pay.

Another interesting note: despite the apparent agency pricing (Amazon has a "This price was set by the publisher" note), the books are more expensive at some retailers. Kobo has Dune for £2.99, B&N are charging £2.99 in the UK, $14.99 in the US. Books on Board has it at $14.99. My best guess is that the price was recently reduced and some stores haven't updated their prices yet.
avantman42 is offline   Reply With Quote