View Single Post
Old 02-23-2012, 11:10 AM   #26
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
I liked The Spy Who Came in from the Cold, but otherwise find Le Carré next to unreadable. A snoozefest rather than a thriller.
Exactly! Well put .

Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
Movies have been known to take a lot of liberties with books. Then again, I could see no way the movie The Fugitive was going to hold my interest, since I've probably seen all of the original TV episodes and knew he would be freed in the end. Was I ever wrong on that count!

Just because you've seen the movie doesn't mean you won't enjoy the book. Consider how many adaptation of A Christmas Carol we've all seen, and yet the book, even for those of us for whom it was a re-read, was still enjoyable.
In general I agree - I'm just questioning it in this specific case where the whole premise relies on us not knowing what the final twist reveals. I suspect that will detract from getting fully immersed in Shutter Island.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote