View Single Post
Old 04-21-2011, 11:09 AM   #6
sourcejedi
Groupie
sourcejedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sourcejedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sourcejedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sourcejedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sourcejedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sourcejedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sourcejedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sourcejedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sourcejedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sourcejedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sourcejedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android
Rant: reliance on CSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
You can use plain <div>, with something like:
Relying on CSS to provide essential information is a pet peeve of mine. If the UA ignores the CSS in your example, it's going to lose the stanza boundaries.

In the past, I've heard this "justified" with <but we're talking about EPUB, and CSS support is mandatory for conformant EPUB reading systems>. But in this case, I think it would also break copy+paste.

If I want to copy a few short verses into an email to a friend, copy+paste will only see the selected HTML, right? It's not guaranteed to see the CSS that sets margins for each stanza.

Last edited by sourcejedi; 04-21-2011 at 11:09 AM. Reason: fix posting markup ;)
sourcejedi is offline   Reply With Quote