View Single Post
Old 08-23-2010, 06:08 PM   #5
FlooseMan Dave
FlooseMan Dave began at the beginning.

Device: Archos 5 32GB/Android - Aldiko
Quote:
Originally Posted by shall1028 View Post

My humour is only to prod people into thinking about information other people will need that isn't being presented.

For example in speech I find many people tend to use pronouns with no referent. So, when asked "What do you think about it?" with no previous mention of what it is I might reply: "I think tuna smoothies won't be a best seller" or "Queen Elizabeth would look awfully silly riding a surfboard".

It's sort of like Pinky and the Brain's: Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering gags.

Sorry to "FlooseMan Dave" if come across as too crass. It was not my intention but, it seems, my nature. I vow to make up for it by attempting my best to evaluate his little epub mystery.

Actually, your response was quite entertaining while at the same time leaving a nudge that being able to see the issue is a lot easier to respond to than a narrative that is, well, less than thorough. In that I have been in the IT industry 30 years myself, I should know better. Thanks for the response. I loved it!

Now, on to the error at hand. The original article was written by a friend of mine in 1996 and in years since it has been translated into several different languages. The English version went thru Sigil without difficulty. The Spanish version is where I am having issues. Because there is a copyright associated with the article, I have sent an email to the author requesting permission to post his article here so the community can take a look at the technical issue. Since the article is not part of any revenue stream, I do not think there will be a conflict with the copyright in posting the article here, but out of courtesy I thought it appropriate to request his permission before I go any further. It is, btw, in HTML.

I haven't yet come to a full stop in being able to fix this, but I wanted a more experienced set of eyes (ahem, yes I have to post it here <lol>) to take a look. Stay tuned. I'll return with a response as soon as I get it.
FlooseMan Dave is offline   Reply With Quote