View Single Post
Old 05-03-2013, 03:53 PM   #742
kaito
Connoisseur
kaito understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.kaito understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.kaito understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.kaito understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.kaito understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.kaito understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.kaito understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.kaito understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.kaito understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.kaito understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.kaito understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.

Device: k3w, gloHD
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Duh...

Why all the "do it the hard way" approach ?

There is a KUAL button to install a firewall that includes a BBB (Block Big Brother) fiilter.
Developed on a K3, enhanced and tested on K4 and K5 (both of them).

The posts that you linked to pre-date KUAL system with its firewall and close back door buttons.
I didn't chose to do it the hard way, I simply didn't know the easy way existed. Finding a raw list of KUAL addons wasn't helpful since I didn't know what their use was or what their advantages were. I was trying to get KUAL itself to run while wifi was enabled and didn't want to pursue addons until KUAL itself was running.

I saw a firewall with BBB, but I didn't know what BBB was, nor did I know it would specifically help with running Kindlet's on an unregistered device where amazon.com deletes the keystore when connecting to wifi. I just didn't know that, it was all new to me.

Edit: I just read that the firewall with BBB doesn't survive reboot, so amazon.com would delete my keystore if wifi was enabled after a reboot.

Last edited by kaito; 05-03-2013 at 04:48 PM.
kaito is offline   Reply With Quote