View Single Post
Old 05-28-2012, 02:42 PM   #210
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by wl. View Post
as i can see, the easest way is to replace the "experimental view" itself, by filling listbox with custom items, besides default 3 items; using your jbpatch.
Hmmm... yes, of course, you could go for that solution. But you would be removing some functionality from the Kindle, and I'm not sure that everybody appreciates that.

As I said before: If you want this, then why not write a Kindlet instead? You would have total freedom, and total control over the layout and behavior.

Writing a Kindlet is mostly like writing a desktop Java application, and coming up with the required adapters for the GUI Launcher API is not too difficult either. For the Kindlet parts, there even is a working example, with full source code: KT Font Hack.

BTW: Yes, I'm sure that this could be useful, and would be liked by many people. I just personally can't put much effort into it. But you a more than welcome to start such a project, and I'd help with some advice, if needed.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote