View Single Post
Old 11-15-2011, 01:48 PM   #1
xari
Kindle Obsessed.
xari got an A in P-Chem.xari got an A in P-Chem.xari got an A in P-Chem.xari got an A in P-Chem.xari got an A in P-Chem.xari got an A in P-Chem.xari got an A in P-Chem.xari got an A in P-Chem.xari got an A in P-Chem.xari got an A in P-Chem.xari got an A in P-Chem.

Device: K3, K4, Kindle Fire.
Kindle Fire: First Impressions.

Okay, so I am at work and can't truly put all of the Fire's elements through their paces, but I'm certainly impressed so far.

I read most of the editorial reviews that came out yesterday and, happily, am finding the user interface quite a bit snappier than I'd been led to expect from what the professional reviewers had to say. (Each item/area I've selected to open so far has opened pretty darn immediately.)

Now, I did already upgrade the software to 6.1, so maybe Amazon already made a bunch of improvements on that front.

The screen is, indeed gorgeous. A little glare under the flourescent lights here at work, but I haven't had a chance to install my screen protector yet.

Currently, I'm listening to the music player (through headphones) as I work and it sounds great to me.

I'm looking forward to installing the Netflix app and to trying some of the free Prime vids.

Also looking forward to hearing what others think so far.

Share, please!

xari is offline   Reply With Quote