View Single Post
Old 12-20-2010, 12:59 PM   #12
jasoraso
Addict
jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Touch, Nook Color (rooted) and Samsung Galaxy Nexus
My 3 yr old daughter loves the 2 free books - How the Elephants Child got his nose, and the Twelve days of Christmas. She generally prefers me to read them to her; but the other day at a basketball game, I plugged the headphones in and let her listen to the books instead.

With the Twelve days of Christmas book, she loves to touch the screen and count the various items - which is a little bit a of problem with a touch screen; but she has already figured out if she inadvertently changes pages, how to change back to the one we are reading.

My old kids (6 & 8) love the NC for angry birds ... sorry to say they haven't done much reading on it.

Edit: the one discouraging thing is the prospect of re-purchasing many of the children books that we already own. Although it is fun to lay in bed at night, and have only the night light on, while reading to my daughter, the price of the children's ebooks is a bit discouraging. Hopefully, with the broader push on children's ebooks, the prices will come down a bit.

If this was my oldest child instead of my youngest (out of 5), I wouldn't feel so discouraged about the ebook prices for these childrens books; but where I only have another year or so to read many of these books to her (and then it will be different books), I don't think I'll be buying to many of the children's ebooks.

Last edited by jasoraso; 12-20-2010 at 01:03 PM.
jasoraso is offline   Reply With Quote