View Single Post
Old 11-10-2009, 10:14 PM   #59
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by cian View Post
Hi Zelda,
this is a beautiful book. Out of curiosity where did you find the lovely letters that you use to start each chapter? I'm coding a book of my own for similar reasons, and those letters would be perfect for it.
hi cian, i'm so glad you like the book. all the illustrations are from the 1909 british edition, including the illuminated capitals. many of them illustrate scenes from the chapter.

if you want to create a similar effect, you can find fonts with decorative capitals on dafont.com ; take a look in the "initials" category for instance. you can either make an image of the letter you need, or embed the font directly. be sure to check the font licence ; many of the fonts are free and can be distributed, but not all of them.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote