View Single Post
Old 08-04-2009, 10:29 AM   #8
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SurfacePro, SurfaceBook 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahi View Post
I would like to publicly announce my unwavering support for a certain lupine member's tireless campaign to make eReader become the universal English language term for the devices that our French brothers and sisters across the pond call "liseuse".

- Ahi
Although I am in agreement with this statement and fully support your viewpoint , I must, in all fairness, state the obvious. Ereader is a registered name for a digital reading software owned by Fictionwise. Therefore, it does get confusing for new users/members when people use the term "ereader" instead of ebook reader, liseuse, ereading device, etc. A poster might actually be referring to Fictionwise's software rather than a digital reading device. What we REALLY need is a campaign to get Fictionwise to change the name of their digital reading software.

Having said all that, Ahi, the incessant replay of ereader political correctness does get to be a bit annoying.
kazbates is offline   Reply With Quote