View Single Post
Old 07-08-2013, 06:04 AM   #1655
kguil
Addict
kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Marvin for iOS
@anesthezea - Marvin scans books during startup in favour of running the scan as a background task. The advantage is that once Marvin loads, it's behaviour will be more consistent. Of course, the startup time is proportional to the number of books in your library. I am working on improving startup times further (hopefully in the next version). On a personal note I think that 3200 books is bit too much. Still, I'm committed to faster start ups.

@Canuck - I don't think that IAPs are a better route. I have no plans to hide any core features behind IAPs. Themes only exist for people who want to match the overall scheme to the cover of the book they're currently reading (such as myself).