View Single Post
Old 02-14-2013, 03:27 PM   #63
SeaKing
Frequent Flier
SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KB kindle aboard, Galx Tab 7.0 Plus, trying out Droid 1 as mini-tab
Quote:
Originally Posted by afv011 View Post
Lying by omission is still lying, isn't it?
No, unless a court has compelled you to tell the "whole truth." Even there, it is tricky. If you say it is A, B, C, E, F and neglect to mention D you will usually be ok unless specifically questioned on D.

Second, you can always say "that is all I can say without conferring with my lawyer." The explicit threat law enforcement has is well "we will have to detain you while we investigate." They can always do that.

The trick is to say, No, I don't want to go to the station, are you arresting me or charging me, and if so I want a lawyer.

Likewise I like the "No, I don't think there is any reason for you to search my case, and you do not have my permission to do it."

Sure they can search it or seize it, because they got the firepower, but you are better off legally.
SeaKing is offline   Reply With Quote