View Single Post
Old 10-20-2012, 02:54 AM   #24
Sinaii
Sinaii ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sinaii ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sinaii ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sinaii ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sinaii ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sinaii ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sinaii ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sinaii ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sinaii ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sinaii ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sinaii ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad2
Quote:
Originally Posted by EileenG View Post
Don't make up a lot of crap and expect people to buy it.

If you have a specific expertise in something, use that to give your book realism. If you are writing about something you don't know about, do the damn research.

As an example: I know about horses. If I'm writing a scene with horses, I know exactly what the horse can do, how it moves, how it smells, how it will react in verious situations. I don't have to lecture the reader about horses, it's obvious.

On the other hand, I don't drive and know nothing about car engines. If I attempted to write a scene with a car engine, it's likely to be "he connected the shiny thing to the round thing and twiddled a knobbly thing". So my choice is either not writing scenes that involve more driving than "He ignored the red light as he raced after the grey car" or I can get an expert to supervise my technical car scenes.
People who write books on relationships should read this.
Sinaii is offline   Reply With Quote