View Single Post
Old 10-15-2012, 12:27 AM   #3
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots and lots of electronic gadgets...
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbrII View Post
Well the Nexus seems to have a good reputation and customer response seems to have gone well. The Arc has better specs/hardware but then Kobo is Kobo.

The new nook has probably has the best specs of all the current 7" tablets and their products have been pretty rock solid, at least for me. However, it is a closed system and you will be locked into the B&N reader, which is ok, but lacks the features of a "Mantano, Cool Reader or Moon +" all available through the Android market.

I'm going through this exact same question myself and as much as I like the B&N products, I'm tilting towards the Arc or Nexus because I prefer an open platform. I do intend to look at the Nook products however before I commit myself to buying anything.

I am also hesitant to buy from Kobo until I hear other owners opinions however it does appear that most people feel good about their "Glow" purchases.
The Arc will start at 16 gb for $199, that is $50 less than what the 16 gb Nexus sells for. It's specs are also apparently very good, good screen, front camera and IPS screen for reading in sunlight. It also will have the advantage of having access to the Play Store and all it's apps...That said, I wouldn't buy one during pre-sell period, I'd wait until it's launched and see what users have to say about it. Advertising hype being what it is today, a lot of devices (PW anyone?) disappoint in actual use.
I got the Vox as soon as it was available and as you can see, have gifted it...it was "ok" but once I had my Samsung I used it very little as it was underwhelming by comparison.
Cdesja5 is offline   Reply With Quote