Thread: Development Pocket Edge 2.2 NEW Firmware
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2011, 05:19 PM   #176
emusan
lol
emusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheese

Device: eDGe
Quote:
Originally Posted by greyhair View Post
emusan,

I read your instructions, but didn't get the market to work.
I don't have an android 2.2 phone, so I used a working emulator to copy data files and build.prop entries.
Still didn't work.
I think the key here is the use of setprop (via marketenable.apk) to trick google's android market into thinking the pedge is a Verizon device.

I suspect that is the reason the backup of an android phone with app data and backup into the pedge works.

Needless to say, I'm very happy.

BTW, I'm about 99% sure that current netflix will never work on an edge.
the PXA168 processor is not used by any of the supported devices and the *.apk files all download what appears to be device specific (probably processor specific) linux libraries.
okay, so you got the apps from my archive then? or did you use the update.zip found here? If it was from mine I'll update the guide letting people know it actually does work(with a few more steps of course)!
emusan is offline   Reply With Quote