View Single Post
Old 02-07-2011, 07:46 AM   #14
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW5, iPhone SE 2016, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Pro 2021
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
FictFact is no problem. Download the zip attachment with this post, rename the .zip to .stip extension, and then use the "Import" right-click from the plugin configuration dialog.
- did this and it works like a dream!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
FictionDB on the other hand is a problem. From my quick testing they don't seem to support querystring URLs, only those supplied via it's own webpages via HTTP POST. So for instance this query below contains all of the "right data" to do an author search for Lee Child, but being in the URL rather than hidden inside the request body (as is the case when you click the submit button on their website) is still not enough to get the desired result, as it will not be an HTTP POST submission when effectively typed into a browser location url field:
http://www.fictiondb.com/search/sear...htxt=lee+child
The closest you can get imho is to just create an entry in your menu of "FictionDB", put the url below and manually type in the author/title on the search page when you use it. Well unless someone else finds a way for this website
http://www.fictiondb.com/search/searchresults.htm
- I'd already tried a similar link but yours takes me to the advanced search, which is even better.

Thanks for all your help, especially that bit on how to set up the search urls - that will definitely be handy for later so I'm saving the instructions
Loosheesh is offline   Reply With Quote