View Single Post
Old 12-11-2010, 05:56 PM   #1
mukoan
Lord Of All That's Beige
mukoan has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mukoan has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mukoan has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mukoan has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mukoan has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mukoan has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mukoan has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mukoan has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mukoan has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mukoan has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mukoan has not lost his or her sense of wonder.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Motivation - can you invoke it?

Although writing in and of itself can usually be the motivating factor to sit down and start typing out that story stuck in my head, I, like many of you, am quite limited by time due to the demands of the mundane real world. Often the most creative time for me as an amateur writer is around ten in the morning when the coffee kicks in and I've recovered from my daily waking-up process, (I'm not much of a morning person). Unfortunately this is normally the time when I'm sitting at my desk under close observation by my boss. It is the frustrating, (although certainly not unique), bane of my existence as a writer; I cannot write when I feel most able to do so.

I also work quite long hours - by the time I get home I'm much too exhausted to hit the keyboard. I've attempted it a couple of times, but re-reading the resultant output usually causes me even more fatigue.

I've tried to work around these limitations the best I can. I've ended up purchasing a netbook so I can type in the car at regular free moments during the day. This usually includes half an hour at lunch and also about an hour from five pm to six pm. It has worked with limited success but has raised the following question: Do people on this forum have a method of invoking a sense of motivation before they write? Short of quitting my job, my daily "creativity high-point" is not an option.
mukoan is offline   Reply With Quote