View Single Post
Old 05-03-2010, 09:23 PM   #12
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMikeD View Post
At least with the Kindle format, you can read the book on your Kindle, iPhone, iPod Touch, Blackberry, or iPad.

Hardly seems like platform lock-in, since you don't have to own a Kindle to read books from the Kindle store.
You are still locked into using the Kindle "platform". Even if Amazon is making it accessible to a wide variety of devices, you can only read the books on a device Amazon has approved. For instance, I can't read a Kindle book I've purchased on my Cybook. This is only because of the artificial restrictions imposed by DRM.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote