Old 04-07-2014, 08:32 AM   #27
hugoheitz
Enthusiast
hugoheitz began at the beginning.

Device: kobo touch, kindle paperwhite, Asus TF101
Comictagger and calibre

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickloraine View Post
I use calibre for my comics too. I like the organization of calibre more than comicrack which is very confusing to me. If you import cbz to calibre, calibre is able to read metadata which is stored in the zip comment. If you use comickrack that is not the case there, comicrack writes the metadata in a xml file inside the zip. Fortunately there is a neat little program called comic tagger available for free. It can tag your comic automatically and it supports both ways of storing the metadata (i use both, I use the comicrack app on android and it reads the metadata).
So if you have tagged your comic already in comickrack, you just have to copy the metadata to the other format and then import into calibre. You may need to adjust the reading in calibre in the preferences. If you do not have the comicks tagged already, just use comic tagger to do it.
One problem with calibre is, that it reads comic metadat, but not writes it. So if you want the metadata in your files, first use comic tagger and then import into calibre.
This is great news, I will try that ASAP.
I keep you posted.

OK.
Yesterday evening, I have fixed an issue with Calibre that prevented me to remove books from the library. I have understood that I needed to create a NFS mapping with correct rights on it to allow creation of temporary files in the top level directory when Calibre tried to delete files.
It is now running fine.

I have downloaded comic tagger and installed it.

It gives me choice for metatags beetween comicrack or comic book lover. What is the correct one for Calibre ?
Can I find a tutorial to scan a directory full of jpg, tag the comic correctly and zip it in CBZ in order to integrate into calibre and also to be able to read it directly in MyReadings ?

Thanks !

Last edited by hugoheitz; 04-08-2014 at 09:03 AM.
hugoheitz is offline   Reply With Quote