View Single Post
Old 06-23-2013, 07:54 PM   #9
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by wcott View Post
Just wondering if anyone's had the same issue, and if there's a fix anywhere.

I've a few books that I've downloaded and put into Calibre - and they look just fine when I view them. However, after they've been transferred to my Glo, all the apostrophes and quotation marks have turned to squares. It's very offputting to try to read.
I've tried reformatting them from epub to epub again - and reinstalling on the Glo - but no luck.
Any thoughts?
When you did the epub to epub conversion, did you select Look & Feel and then check the Transliterate unicode chararcters to ASCII box. That worked for me on one occasion. Also if you added one of the fonts I suggested earlier, did you power cycle the Kobo after copying the font files in the fonts folder?

Regards,
David

Last edited by DNSB; 06-23-2013 at 07:57 PM.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote